Sunday, October 25, 2015

The Assignment

I’m supposed to write a poem
On a bus or on BART
Naw, how about a park?
Church, the laundromat, in the hospital waiting room?

Awwh, the gym
It’s ladies only
I like it’s just women
Conversations overheard are more personal
Not afraid of the male ear

Treadmills, bikes, weights, ellipticals 
There’s so much to choose from
Or how about a class?

So goes....
On the recumbent bike,


I  Hear

The whirling of the fans
The printing press rumble of the treadmill
Hot gossip
Owner chiding a women for exercising on her bad knee
Muffled music from the speakers


I Observe

A mother care taking of her daughter.
San Francisco in daytime
Meg Whitman
San Francisco’s night lights
Meg Whitman
on the TV monitor

I Sense

My pulse
My perspiration, which my trainer calls fat sweat
The lady behind me lifting weights,                                   
the tinks and chinks of leaded metal colliding
Time ticking away on the clock,                               
thirty minutes goes by fast amid the lady's only universe

I suppose it is time to go now
I suppose I have a poem.

3 comments:

  1. Wow, that’s really a long and helpful list. i never though about before.
    ไฮโล

    ReplyDelete
  2. รถเช่าราคาไม่แพง ของ BANANA Rent-a-car ทุกคัน เป็นรถยนต์ที่มีคุณภาพ แล้วก็ผ่านการตรวจภาวะให้มีความสมบูรณ์ที่สุด ก่อนถึงมือคุณ สามารถวิ่งได้ทั่วไทย โดยไม่กำหนดระยะทาง จากที่คุณอยากได้ กับสัญญาประกันภัยชั้น 1 ที่จะดูแลคุณตลอดการเดินทาง ในการเช่ารถราติดอยู่ถูก ที่ง่ายราวกับปอกกล้วยเข้าปาก เช่ารถราติดอยู่ถูก จำเป็นต้องที่ BANANA rent-a-car เช่ารถยนต์แบบง่ายๆสบายๆถ้าเกิดว่าไม่มีบัตรเครดิตก็สามารถเช่ารถยนต์ได้ แล้วก็เช่ารถยนต์กับพวกเรา ไม่จำกัดระยะทาง จะวิ่งไกลขนาดไหนก็ได้ เชื่อมั่นหายห่วงด้วยสัญญาประกันภัยชั้น 1 ทุกคันด้วยประสบการณ์สำหรับในการให้บริการรถเช่ามา 6 ปี พวกเราก็เลยเป็นมือโปรที่มีความรู้ลูกค้า รวมทั้งดีไซน์ระบบการเช่ารถยนต์ให้ง่ายที่สุด
    เช่ารถ
    เช่ารถกรุงเทพ
    เช่ารถราคาถูก
    เช่ารถรายเดือน
    เช่ารถขับเอง

    ReplyDelete