Passage
I found myself
trapped in a struggle between
happiness and depression
caught in mirk and mud
searching for a way out
praying my stuckness will get shifted
Bricks are my weapons
Breaking through glass houses
holding me within safe spaces
Foghorn is my light
to navigate through the blinding mist
of white blackness
Paint peeling plastic oar
drags my boat threatening to leak
upon dormant water
Lake calling
Blast baying
Glass shattering
Releases me from my self-imposed muddle
Forcing me to choose a
New trail, a
New attitude, a
New aura
Prompting a limitless drive to overcome
Pushing boundaries released from a delicate bursting bubble
Progressing through my meandering
Got to have faith in myself
to accept the challenge
of building upon the cascading bricks
of breaking through the fog
accepting the call in the dark
to guide me
in the direction of peace
allowing the rudder of life to
right my path
Discovering the dirt supporting my stride
to give me the fortitude
to release my stickiness
Forging forth not to the end of my rope
But to confidently trust each stepping stone
Brings me closer to self-respect
Aiding a fulfillment of grace
Breath released gives relief of pent up anguish
Producing calmness
Encouraging confidence
Reminding me
I am willing
I am strong
I am loved
Leticia Garcia Bradford
© January 2017
No comments:
Post a Comment