Sunday, April 29, 2012

The Camel and Cat Story

Mom and Mandy are on the telephone with a three hour time difference. Mandy is 25 years old.
I’m glad I got you on the phone. Sorry I missed your call. It’s late. Mom starts off.
I had just got home from work and I was tired. Mandy responds.
You must be in bed already. Do you want a bedtime story?
Yeh
The camel went into town to visit his camel friend. The End.
Mmmmmh
Both camels had two humps in case you wanted to know.
Good.
Do you work to….Oh my gosh? Mijo is banging at the door. The sliding glass door. What’s he doing? There’s a big black cat out there. How did he get on the second floor balcony?
He’s a cat. He does that.
He’s the bad cat who get all the females pregnant.
Bastard!
Mandy!
Just saying.

I had just moved to the apartment complex and the downstairs neighbor had told me about this roaming male. I really wasn’t surprised when I saw his gold green eye like beams staring in the window. I was just confused as to how he ended up on the second floor balcony or how he knew there was another cat to spy on. I was proud of my Mijo with his beautiful gray coast with his Russian blue striping on his tail. The mean bad black cat was a disgrace to the neighborhood. Someone should get him fixed.

Mom, mom, you still there?
Okay fine. I turned the light on. He went away. Where were we?
Camels.
Camels, right.
What color were they?
Black.

No comments:

Post a Comment