Monday, July 23, 2012

Hugo's Poem

You came back to only leave again
Your daughter prayed every night
For her parents to reconcile
A little girl's wishes come true
only to be dismantled again
My wishes come true
only to be dismantled again
You came back once
Chances are you'll come back again
I keep telling myself I don't need you
I keep telling myself I'm better without you
I keep telling myself to move on
When will I forget the dreams we had,
Your smile and your laugh,
The strength I felt with you by my side
When will I forget?
I'm at a loss
Waiting for the day of your return
Waiting for you to come rescue me
From my pain
I wish you were dead
So I could properly grieve you
And know without a doubt
That you shall never return
Instead you can walk through that door
And make me long for you even more
Don't come see me
Don't be nice to me
Don't make me want you
I am sad without you
Just go away
So I can find my own way
On my own

No comments:

Post a Comment