Monday, September 10, 2012

50 Years of Life

We come to a point in life where we want to know we’ve made a difference, conquered our challenges and take stock of our accomplishments, milestones and rites of passage.

This is my list for my 50 years of life:

50 years old
1 of six kids
12 years of Catholic school education
3 daughters
2 marriages to the same man
2 divorces from said man
2 college degrees: BA in Theatre Arts, MA in Drama
8 years to complete them
1 certificate: Pharmacy Technician
100+ miles walked in walk-a-thons
$10,000+ sold in toys
12 years owning the same car
195,000 miles on that car
17 years old when I bought my first car on a loan from the bank
2 cats I live with
12 years living with multiple sclerosis
5 years living with bipolar illness
1 childhood pony named Holly
12 years old when I got my ears pierced for the first time
19 years old when I got my ears pierced for the second time
1 litter of kittens born on my doorstep on my 36th birthday
1 litter of kittens born in the basement when I was a kid
1 litter of kittens born in a wood pile when my girls were toddlers
1 litter of kittens born in my closet one year before the doorstep litter
1 dog I named Lazy
1 cat I rolled over with the car
10 years as a drama instructor
27 years of motherhood
1 grandchild expected, next month
15 houses or apartments I have lived in
$0 in debt
2 bankruptcies
1 major surgery
3 broken arms
2 major car accidents
3 ½ weeks visit in Great Britain, England and Scotland
2 trips to Hawaii
3 trips to New York
200+ Facebook friends
13 Goodreads friends
136 books read since I started tracking them on Goodreads
58 connections on LikedIn
25 years of volunteer work from designing costumes to PTA to selling books
The blessings continue…

To add two more
1 year of blogging
50 postings

Where I’ve been and what I have done doesn’t necessarily define me now. What I know: faith, hope and love goes a long way and keeping a smile on your face every day.

Here’s to 50 more!

No comments:

Post a Comment