Saturday, March 31, 2012

Legacy

I don’t want to leave anything behind when I leave
Leave the earth, leave this world
There are many things I never captured along the way
Those I can’t leave behind
I only wish to leave memories of the love
I gave to my children, my grandchildren yet to be
I feel for my daughters having to sort through
My precious things
Who wants what
Or nothing al all
They’ll find my journals of what I was
Alone in my writing
To be read
Or just tossed away
Words left meaningless on paper
They only mattered to me as I wrote them
As a rule I never re-read my journals
They are private moments that at times
Sprung stories, poems and plays
Many words were of loss and frustration
Did I capture my happiness? My gratitude?
Though I write to remember later
Where I was when I was what I wrote
I never go back to find out why
I only move forward to each new day
Every new beginning not to a journey’s end

No comments:

Post a Comment