Saturday, March 31, 2012

My Voice

My Voice
I have been hiding
It is crying to be heard
Pained
Sorrow
Grief
And yet there’s still Joy.
My voice
I want it to be heard
I want to be respected
I want to be understood
I want to make a difference.
I can’t make a difference
If all I do is manipulate
Other people’s words.
What I have to say is important
I don’t want to be invisible anymore.
My voice
My thoughts
My opinions
I want to be heard
What I say matters
Don’t keep stepping on my toes
Don’t keep shutting me out
Don’t keep telling me lies.
Your voice counts too
If only you were honest with yourself
Your voice and my voice
Are loud angry silent
We just can’t hear each other
I don’t understand why?
It could be different
But you don’t want to try
All you do is stifle
What I have to say
Misconstrue my words
Mock my opinions
And say they are unimportant
But your indifference is volatile
(flames, vengeance, hot, back up, get away, it is just survival now)
And I only lose my voice
And you in the same.
My voice doesn’t matter because
It can’t be distinguished through the flames
The heat has cooled
Comfort swells
Through the pain
Once again I am
My own.
I too can feel again
I can almost speak
Again
Will any one care?
I need to raise my voice
To find out
I regain my breath
I am standing up tall
My voice is amazing
Heard from the mountain tops
And still I don’t fall.
Ringing across the plains
The Empire State Building is my trophy
And still I don’t fall.

No comments:

Post a Comment